Monday, April 6, 2015

Serger Pepper: Big Girls Briefs and Everyday Tank/Dress






Few months ago, I bought the pattern "big girl briefs" by Serger Pepper, I made some with recycled fabrics. This pattern is really great to upcycle. When I saw that the Betties were looking for someone to make a review of the pattern, I raised my hand: "Mmmeeeeeeeee !!



Big girl brief pattern:

  • 2 Waist height options: Regular or high (I made the high one)
  • Sizes from 3 years to 14 years
  • Choice to put inserts at the front or not. 
  • No side seams, no elastics
  • Measurements in inches and centimeters. 
  • You can print the size you need only, which is really handy here because there is a lot of sizes and lines to choose from.
  • Links for more informations very useful: Pressing knits and fabric elasticity guide among others.



On the front I put elastic insertions that I bought at a local store. Knitted fabrics used are from Simple Life Company: Flowers and peas. Both fabrics have 5% spandex, I highly recommend using good quality fabrics, if the recovery isn't great the briefs will tend to fall down. I tried it.








Browsing the pattern, Irene (the designer) proposes to combine the panties with another of her pattern. I choose the "Everyday Tank/dress" also for 3-14 years. Both patterns are wonderful, I haven't made any changes. I folded the tank to take the picture to show panties, but I prefer the original length, girls grow up so fast!


I only have nice things to say about these two patterns, sizes corresponding to the chart provided. I made briefs in size 3 and tank in size 4.

My daughters loves them so much, Clara insisted to wear her tank over a long sleeve shirt to go outside (it's too cold to wear tank top here...).


 


Mel Henry xoxo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About Mel Henry: Fashion designer, microbiologist, photo hobbyist and fan of DIY. Mel is a mother of 3 and loves to do something with her 10 fingers. She's the designer of Filles à Maman. Go visit her at http://fillesamaman.net/.


2 comments:

  1. Love them. Thank you for giving more fun ideas and writing a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm probably going to have to buy this one!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!