Few months ago, I bought the pattern "big girl briefs" by Serger Pepper, I made some with recycled fabrics. This pattern is really great to upcycle. When I saw that the Betties were looking for someone to make a review of the pattern, I raised my hand: "Mmmeeeeeeeee !!
Big girl brief pattern:
- 2 Waist height options: Regular or high (I made the high one).
- Sizes from 3 years to 14 years.
- Choice to put inserts at the front or not.
- No side seams, no elastics.
- Measurements in inches and centimeters.
- You can print the size you need only, which is really handy here because there is a lot of sizes and lines to choose from.
- Links for more informations very useful: Pressing knits and fabric elasticity guide among others.
Browsing the pattern, Irene (the designer) proposes to combine the panties with another of her pattern. I choose the "Everyday Tank/dress" also for 3-14 years. Both patterns are wonderful, I haven't made any changes. I folded the tank to take the picture to show panties, but I prefer the original length, girls grow up so fast!
I only have nice things to say about these two patterns, sizes corresponding to the chart provided. I made briefs in size 3 and tank in size 4.
My daughters loves them so much, Clara insisted to wear her tank over a long sleeve shirt to go outside (it's too cold to wear tank top here...).
About Mel Henry: Fashion designer, microbiologist, photo hobbyist and fan of DIY. Mel is a mother of 3 and loves to do something with her 10 fingers. She's the designer of Filles à Maman. Go visit her at http://fillesamaman.net/.