Monday, July 27, 2015

Pattern Review: Harvey Vee Neck Tee by OUSM

Hi there! I'm Amy, one half of Friends Stitched Together, with a review of the Harvey Vee Neck Tee from OUSM!

  Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties

My son is four and, like most four year olds, has a love/hate relationship with monsters. I found this fun knit at Joann's one time and have been kicking myself since for only getting a yard! One of the things I really like about the Harvey is all the opportunities for color blocking. I was able to use a small amount of the print with a big impact and I have plenty left over for a coordinating Harvey for little brother.

  Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties


For this shirt I used the front and back color blocked options and added the sleeve pocket. I made a size 4 for John and it fits just like it should. It's a "casual fit", which means it's loose, but not too loose. Just perfect for an active boy (or girl!)! It's a touch long on him (he's a little height-challenged, just like his mom) which he didn't like at first, but quickly got over. I, on the other hand, like that it covers what it should, even when he's in the middle of his shenanigans!

  Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties

The pattern fits sizes 12 month to 8 years and I just found out that it's about to be expanded up to size 12. The instructions include the size chart as well as the finished garment size chart, which I think is a nice touch. My favorite chart though, is the printing guide! I just started on fall wardrobes, which means printing a LOT, and anything that saves me paper is a plus! The pattern is also in layers which saves on ink and time spent trying to figure out which line is which size.

  Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties

I love how the neckband goes together. The "vee" is sewn before the neckband is attached, which means it comes out clean and professional-looking. The instructions include lots of good tips about working with knits, which is nice, especially if you're new to them.

   Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties

I would definitely recommend the Harvey Vee Neck. Between the many different style combinations, the size range, and the extras that make it easy and fun to sew, it's a winner. I whipped this one up in under an hour (from printing to hemming), and it will be a staple around here!

  Harvey Vee Neck Tee Review by Friends Stitched Together for Swhetty Betties

4 comments:

  1. It turned out so great Amy! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great pattern ladies! I'll definitely be using it again!

      Delete
  2. He looks so happy in it! Once again your fabric choices are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ajaire! He's was quite thrilled with it (and even more with the fact that we were on an adventure in the mountains ;) )!

      Delete

We love comments!! So comment away!