Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pattern Review: Sunburst Clutch by FABulous Home Sewn

Hi, it's Mandy from Mandy K Designs back with another pattern review. Today I had the opportunity to sew the Sunburst Clutch by FABulous Home Sewn. This is the 2nd pattern from FHS that I have made (see my blog post on the Perfect Petal Purse here). Once again, this was a fairly quick and easy pattern. Even though I used this lovely Jennifer Pagnelli fabric, my 4 year old daughter still snatched it out of my hands as soon as it was done! She even made me some play money to put in it!! LOL

DSC_1460

First off, this pattern is a perfect scrap buster. It calls for 1 FQ for Main fabric, 1 FQ for Lining fabric and 1 FQ of interfacing. I didn't measure since I used scraps, but I think you will have plenty of fabric left over for another clutch! Secondly, don't let the need for special hardware scare you off. I didn't have any hardware on hand, so I improvised with this wrist strap. I also just used a regular press in snap for the closure! There are 3 pages of patterns pieces, and everything you need is included in the pattern (no measuring needed!)

DSC_1462

The most fun part of sewing this clutch was piecing the front flap. I like to quilt, so this was perfect for me. With only 7 parts to piece together, it goes really fast.

DSC_1466

The clutch has a small zipper pocket on the inside, just the right size to keep your drivers license, a credit card and some money safe.

DSC_1463

Overall, I think this took me about an hour to complete...and that included re-cutting the front flap lining because I put the snap on backwards (I hate when I make silly mistakes like that!). Make sure you head on over to FABulous Home Sewn and check out this awesome Clutch pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!