Monday, August 17, 2015

Introducing Marisa from Laela Jeyne Patterns

 https://www.laelajeynepatterns.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/LJ-Thumbnail.png

 My name is Marisa and I am 26 years young. I have two beautiful little girls (I’m pretty biased) and a super handsome hubby. I have been sewing since I was a teenager with a long break in there. I picked it up again when the Pinterest craze started and you had to wait to get an invitation to join! I’ve always loved being crafty and consider myself to be very artistic, but when I set out to teach myself how to sew, it instantly became my favorite crafty hobby. My first project was a quilt (not a very good first project!). I painstakingly cut each square very crookedly on my living room floor and upcycled a bedsheet as the backing. I think I will keep that quilt and pass it on to one of my girls when I get older. Even with its many mistakes, it is still one of my favorite pieces.
Pattern making was something I have always been intrigued with but never knew I could do it effectively by myself. When my oldest daughter was a baby, I purchased Kwik Sew’s Sewing for Babies and used the pattern pieces to invent several dresses and shirts for her. I read Craftiness is Not Optional all the time to get ideas of clothes to make for her. Eventually, I decided to open up my own sewing business. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the time or understanding to really grow my business and got lost in the sea of Etsy. So I looked for a seamstress job after my second daughter was born and was hired by a children’s clothing designer in Brooklyn. She needed me to finish sewing her first collection and start pattern designing for the second one. I took online classes to learn how to digitally design and am currently working on my second collection designing for her. I think I will have designed about 30 patterns when I am done with this second collection!
With my newfound knowledge of computer designing, I decided to open Laela Jeyne Patterns. I am inspired to make clothing that is as practical as it is cute and fashionable. I think my favorite pattern that I have designed is the Chloe Dress and Maxi. It has just enough sass in the back and is extremely versatile depending on what fabrics are used.
 IMG_3684
The pattern I am most proud of is my Lola Swimsuit. I set out to make a swimsuit that could cover any styling, modesty, or body security issues that a woman might have, but still make a great swimsuit. I feel like that is so important for a woman to feel beautiful in their clothing, and the Lola Swimsuit does just that!
11402285_10152837987182016_503236620261640491_o
IMG_3947
Well, thanks for giving me a minute to introduce myself! I hope you check the website out once in a while to see the new pattern releases as they come! I have some exciting styles planned well into next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!