Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pattern Review: Cyan Lily Dress by Mandy K Designs

Hello everyone! Marisa from Laela Jeyne Patterns here. Today I am reviewing Mandy K Designs' Cyan Lily Dress!

DSC_0023

I sewed this dress up for my 3.5 year old and she was in love with it! I used a size 4 and it fit great! It was a little snug getting over her head, but she has a big noggin.

DSC_0025

The dress was pretty easy for me to put together, but I would rate it at an intermediate level. The bodice is fully lined and can be a tad tricky to put together if it's the first time doing it. The instructions are clear and illustrated with colored line drawings. Some steps have photo instructions. There are many options for this dress such as doing the button closure neckline with woven material, or doing a completely knit neckline. The pattern can be made at tunic or dress length and I think the dress length is absolutely stunning! If you make this pattern, the circle skirt has that "wow" factor, and I would definitely choose the circle skirt over the gathered skirt. Amanda even has a cool little trick to make the skirt without seams by cutting on the double fold.

DSC_0032

This dress is definitely a great sew and a must have for summer dresses! My daughter absolutely loved it and I'm sure any girl would be happy to have you sew one for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!