Friday, October 16, 2015

Pattern Review: Little Photographer Camera

Hi, all! I'm Lisa Summerhays from Stubbornly Crafty here to share a little pattern review of the ever so adorable Little Photographer Camera Pattern by Swoodson Says. She has a variety of interactive children patterns to induce hours of imagination in the land of make believe. Nothing makes me smile more than watching my little ones use their imaginations and invent their own fun.
I am a sewer that is always looking for ways to add more details. This sweet pattern leaves plenty of room for the sewer to use his or her imagination to add little extras to make it special for your little buddy. And easy to personalize, too! I'm currently on a piecing and quilting kick so I pieced mine together before cutting out my pattern pieces. The pattern is easy to follow and gives little tips and tricks on ways to save time and make the sewing process as easy as possible. It also has lots of photos to help those of us out that are visual learners.  
For the back, I sewed together four rows of six 2-inch squares before laying the pattern over it and cutting them out. The pattern has a fun little vinyl pocket you can add a photo in as well. It was my first time using vinyl but I found it pretty easy to work with. My two year old is into babies so I filled her pocket with a picture of her as a baby. The pattern says it's an intermediate-level pattern but if you are a brave beginner I'd say you could take it on. You need to know how to applique, but the pattern has a link to a tutorial on how to applique. The trickiest part is sewing the connector pieces between the camera front and back with all those corners but if you go slow and use lots of pins, you're golden.
Sadly, my little photographer hates to be photographed. I'm totally the same way. I prefer to be behind the camera myself. So we'll leave her to explore with her new camera without mama-crazy-camera-lady interference. The pattern does have the option for a neck or wrist strap. I went with the wrist strap only. I didn't want to cut into too much of my beloved Bonnie and Camille fabric. :)
My older kids loved my little one's camera so much that they put in their requests for one as well. Definitely a fun and fast sew to have on hand for birthday and holiday gifts without much investment in supply cost which is a big bonus. A big thank you to Stephanie of Swoodson Says for the fun pattern and the chance to sew one up myself. I enjoyed it and would recommend trying out this pattern or one of the many other patterns she's designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!