Monday, November 9, 2015

Aspiring Designer: Call Ajaire

I'm Ajaire from Call Ajaire and today I have a fun FREE pattern to release that is perfect for the holidays!  The Thumbs Up Pot Holder pattern is a quick sew that is great for both gift giving and stash busting.


The Thumbs Up Potholder has a pocket in the back for your fingers (like a mitten) and a separate, narrower pocket for your thumb.  The shape at the thumb pocket makes it easier to grab the sides of a pan and feel a secure hold.


With regular pot holders, I always feel like the pan could slip out of my hands at any moment, but with these I can tell I have a strong hold with the narrow shape at the thumb.


They have a nice snug fit, but will easily fit adult hands of all size.  One of the nicest benefits of the smaller shape of the Thumbs Up Pot Holder is that it is great for stash busting.  It takes very little fabric to make a cute set to use yourself or to give away as a gift.


Speaking of stash busting, though the pattern recommends using four layers of quilting batting, in previous versions I've used layered pieces of cut out of towels from my reuse pile and they've worked great as another option.


The holidays are nigh and I thought these would be cute for gift giving.  In the spirit of giving, I've decided to offer the pattern for free!  Just click on the link to the Thumbs Up Pot Holder from my shop to download!


Since I am offering this pattern for free, you can enter below for the chance to win a different pattern of choice from my shop.  I hope you enjoy this fun new pattern and enjoy the rest of this round of the Aspiring Designers Challenge!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern and what an awesome contest! I would love to win your ruffled arch skirt!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!