Friday, November 13, 2015

Aspiring Designer: Koda Baby


Hi again from Koda Baby!!  It is my third time taking part in the Aspiring Designers challenge and I am loving every moment. I saw a picture one day, late last year, of a gorgeous camera handbag and thought, "I really like that" and saved that into my 'to do list'.  I was interrupted from drawing up my own version of this bag by the birth of my fourth baby (a beautiful bouncing boy) and then spent nearly 8 months recovering from complications from the emergency C-section by which he was delivered :-(  But now  I am fully recovered and here we all are:  I would like to introduce you to "Roma". 
She is a camera handbag and she can fit a Canon 7D!!  There are two pockets inside that can hold little incidentals like memory cards or batteries etc.  But if you just like her shape and do not have a camera, then she can double as a pretty fabulous handbag too!!

I use Peltex 72F on the bottom for stability and on the bottom handle connectors for strength.  Soft and Stable gives the bag really great shape and body.  This pattern is definitely not for beginners.  She will give intermediate seamstresses a challenge, but she is so very very rewarding.   I called her Roma, after my granny, Nancy Roma.  My granny is a pretty classy old bag.....and so is Roma!   Lucky for me, I am the Golden Grandchild, so I was able to tell my granny how Roma was named....and actually live to tell the tale hehehehehe.  Actually granny agreed with the classy old bag bit.....
I also have to thank my testers!  Without them, this pattern would not be ready!!  Thank you ladies....xxxxx I cannot wait to see what people create from my pattern .  You can buy the Roma Camera Handbag pattern from my Etsy store for the special price of $6 AUD (normally $8 AUD).  This special price will last until 15 November. Or you can register to win a free copy in the competition below! Please come and join us at Koda Baby Boutique and share your creations made from Koda Baby patterns. I look forward to seeing you there!! 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!