Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Aspiring Designer: Stitch Me Plenty

You have no idea how much hard work went into this Samantha Sass Dress pattern!! I have to start off by emphasising that all my testers who went through hell with me to the end were awesome!

So what really inspired me to design a dress like this was really my daughter, hence named after her. I wanted to combine the oriental features of the "wrap" front, together with the fun of the circle skirt! However, just to make it a little more unique, I decided that it had to be a 1.5 circle skirt with the "layered" look.


A few testers got creative and did the skirt mirror imaged of the pattern, and ended up with a unique dress!

(5 year old)

 Because the dress is biased all around the edges, it gives it the professional look.

(10 year old)

The back of the bodice features an oval/tear-drop design with a buttoned neckline and back bodice all the way down. 

(18 mths)

Another feature of this dress is the "V" design on the front and the back of the bodice. The pattern of the skirt has been designed to cater to this, allowing the bottom edges of the skirt to still sit somewhat evenly.

(4 year old)

Because the skirt is gathered to fit the bodice, it allows users of different size and height to mix and match the bodice and skirt sizes.

I believe that pictures speak a thousand words and hope that all my pattern testers did have fun with their Samantha Sass dress!! Sizes go from 6mo- 10 years old! I don't know a girl who doesn't love a circle dress :)

(3 year old)





(12 mths)

(18 mths)

(10 year old)

(18mth old)

(6 year old)

(3-4 year old (mashed))




(9mth old)




1 comment:

  1. http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/clothing/samantha-sass-dress/174433?fresh=true&NAVIGATION_PAGE_CONTEXT_ATTR=PATTERN

    Launch sale price of only $4!!! 48hrs only

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!