Monday, December 7, 2015

Abby's Trail Blazing Socks - Pattern Review

Hello there! This is April from over at Dandelions 'n'Dungarees. I am so excited to be here today to review Abby's Trail Blazing Socks by The Wolf and The Tree. Seriously--SO EXCITED because I got to SEW ALL THE SOCKS!
IMG_0316
First a little about the pattern. The things I really love:
1. SEVENTEEN SIZES! Yes Seventeen. I made these socks for my granddaughter who wore size 0-3.
I made a pair for my daughter who wore a size 8, and several sizes between.
And with the pattern going to size 14, I can use this pattern for several more years.
IMG_0373e
2. LAYERS! This pattern has layers. I got to choose to print only the pages I needed and only the sizes I needed, and that my friends, is a WIN-WIN!
IMG_0319e
3. GREAT INSTRUCTIONS! The size chart is in both Standard and Metric, which makes it super easy for all of our international friends to choose the right size to sew.
Also, the writing is clear and concise and each step is illustrated well.
4. TECHNIQUES! Even though I have been sewing for 35 years, I loved seeing the techniques used in this pattern. While most of them were not new to me, the way they were explained was and that was awesome.
IMG_0313e
5. FAST! I don't know about you, but I always feel pressed for time. I made several pairs of socks in less than an hour. Honestly, it was faster than going to the store to buy new socks!
IMG_0301e
6 STASHBUSTING! Because this pattern takes so very little fabric, no new fabric was harmed in the sewing of my socks.
And that is another win. I hate throwing away scraps, so this is the perfect way to use them up.
IMG_0306e
7. OPTIONS! I made thigh high socks out of stretch lace, knee highs out of 2-way stretch with foldover elastic, knee highs with trim, knee highs with cuffs, and crew socks. I can't decide which I love the most.
I could have also made baby legs, leg warmers and bobbie socks, but sadly, I got sick, so those remain unsewn in my sewing room for a couple of more days.
IMG_0325e
Finally--there was ONE LITTLE THING I found difficult about this otherwise SUPER EASY, SUPER QUICK, SUPER FAST SEW! And that was...
I am now a sock sewing addict. I hope they never make a 10-step program for that because I, for one, will be SEWING ALL THE SOCKS
IMG_0323
Are you ready to sew all the socks? Then you better head on over to Saskia's Shop, The Wolf and the Tree, where you can buy this amazing pattern here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! So glad you enjoy the pattern! The socks are all so gorgeous!!! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!