Friday, December 18, 2015

The Mix it up PhT by Duck Butt Designs - Pattern Review

IMG_3831

















My name is Kellie Davis and I had the pleasure recently of reviewing a pattern by Katie Anne Wilson of Duck Butt Designs. Katie's patterns are so fun and fresh, and work great for boys or girls. I had already purchased and tried her Treasure Pocket Tee, and my son and I both loved it. The PhT is just as loved. Ian wore it today so I took the opportunity to get some awesome pics of him wearing his PhT. Ian picked out the fabrics and loved his PhT. His only complaint.....I didn't add a hood. Katie has a great hood add on, but I haven't tried it out yet. It is on my list for the next one, and there will be a next one. Katie's pattern is very well written, and easy enough for even a beginner to follow. The pattern comes in sizes from itty baby to size 12, which is what my guy is wearing here. You can print out all sizes, or just the size you need, which is a cool feature of DBD patterns.
IMG_3832
The pattern's cool color blocking makes the shirt look almost like a raglan style tee, but it has set in sleeves. There are also really neat elbow patches that can be added, but I forgot to sew mine on before sewing the sleeve seam, so I just left them off. I will add them to the next shirt, though, because they give the shirt a fun look. I added cuffs to the sleeves for some added color, and because I didn't have quite enough of that great stripe. 

IMG_3853
I also added a band to the bottom, simply because I didn't want to hem it, but it would be equally as cute without these additions. The Mix it up PhT from Duck Butt Designs is a super fun tee for boys and girls. You will love making shirts for all of your kids with this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!! So comment away!