Monday, March 7, 2016

Easter Sewing Week Mentor Spotlight: Duck Butt Designs

Katie Wilson, designer 



I just love rompers on little ones. I love the adorable factor for sure, but as a mom, I really love the fact that I can pull one piece of clothing out of the drawer and have a whole outfit.


Since the Panel Pocket Tee has been getting so much love lately, I though it only natural to make the idea into a romper. Featuring the same yoke and panel construction, the side panel is extended all the way down the leg (like a racing stripe, she thinks, as her little one races away from her... come back here, speedy!) Of course, there is an option for a pieced front to showcase a panel (or upcycle a shirt) as well as a solid front. There are solid or color blocked sleeves. There are pockets (because POCKETS), options for cuffing or hemming, shorts and short sleeve lines, color block or plain sleeves, panel or plain front, a hood option, and two crotch depths (disposable and extra fluffly cloth). Since the crotch snaps, this pattern is best suited for children still in diapers and available in sizes 3m-3T.


Look how cute these little ones are in their rompers! My testers had so much fun with this pattern (and I loved seeing their creations so adorably modeled!) 



To celebrate the pattern's release, use code "EASTERDUCKY" for 20% off patterns through the 10th of March (bundles and add-ons excluded) at the Duck Butt Designs website. While you are there, be sure to check out the women's version (the Women's Hourglass Panel Pullover or WHiPP, and the kids' top, the Panel Pocket Tee!)
We all match! But since it takes all my strength to keep them from running off, it's hard to tell :/

For help or questions with this or any DBD pattern (or just to show off your creations, join us on Duck Butt Designs Sew and Chat or email me at info@duckbuttdesigns.com. To always have the latest information on Duck Butt Designs releases, sign up for our newsletter.

Purchase the pattern HERE 

To win this pattern for FREE, enter the Rafflecopter giveaway (open through 11:59 EST on 3/9/2016)

 (If you purchase the pattern before the giveaway ends, I will refund you.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway

71 comments:

  1. Love it! So cute! Can't wait to make it for my nephew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It Can't Wait To Make Some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rompers, can't wait to make some for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pattern! Rompers are a favourite of mine and the side pockets make it so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is tooo cute!!!!! I love dbd patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need this in my collection. Can't wait to make a few for summer...it's already 90 here in southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look and I agree, rompers are so great, no need to match anything or look for another part of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic idea especially the pockets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pattern! I must add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another awesome pattern from duck butt designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable- can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I can't wait to make some summer rompers for our youngest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to try this! Looks like a fun sew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It would be perfect for my little boy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am off to buy this pattern, because making a romper to march big brother's tshirt is going to be awesome! Now, if both boys will sleep long enough that I can get sewing done, it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it. Can't wait to see everyone's creations with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The romper is adorable and I love Katie's deisgns. I have 3 nephews and my own son that would look absolutely cute in these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have many pregnant friends and have been looking for a great gift to give them. This will help out big time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the new pattern! Rompers are so cute and easy anyway, but now they'll be extra cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have many pregnant friends and have been looking for a great gift to give them. This will help out big time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cannot wait to try this on my lil guy!!! I love the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it it looks so adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My little dude is going to love this! Rocki Wingard

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love!! #makeemfordayandnight

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think its absolutely adorable!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The shorts version is super cute! Can't wait to sew it up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute! Rompers are just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute! I love the panels. Can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This might be my new favorite romper!

    ReplyDelete
  31. too cute, love the opportunity to use those panels

    ReplyDelete
  32. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's so cute, it almost makes me wish I had little ones -- almost! But my friends have little ones and they don't mind if I dress them up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Rompers and pockets, a match made in haven, how cute can it be! Would love to get the new romper pattern for free :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so cute! I love all the options. I hope it's not over my head!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this pattern supper cute for both girls and boys.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So super cute!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have a panel that neeeeds to be used with this pattern! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very cute! Definitely will be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This pattern is very cute and so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love it! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So cute! Can't wait to add this to my collection =D

    ReplyDelete
  43. So cute, my guys love all in one pj's and little miss wants some so she can be a 'big girl'.

    ReplyDelete
  44. this looks perfect to fit over my little one's club foot correction brace.

    ReplyDelete
  45. this looks perfect to fit over my little one's club foot correction brace.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This pattern looks amazing and I can't wait to make one (or several!)

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a cute little pattern. My two crazies would love it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!