Monday, March 7, 2016

Easter Sewing: Perfect Petal Purse Pattern

Hi! I'm Fenna from FABulous Home Sewn.


I'm the designer behind FABulous Home Sewn Patterns, and I wanted to share a fun pattern that is perfect for Easter or Spring sewing.
A couple of ladies have joined in to help showcase this pattern--the Perfect Petal Purse Pattern

I'll first show you my version I whipped up in an evening.


I used some pretty spring-like fabrics that I had in my stash yet that I used here and here--a lovely Art Gallery line, Rhapsodia.
And, I had less than a Fat Quarter of each, and yet managed to get the whole purse sewn out of it!
The strap I had to cut as two pieces and then piece them together, but with the dark, busier print, you can hardly tell.


For the back, I fussy cut around one of the beautiful flowers--I love how it showcases the print!
This pattern is a quick sew--the hardest part is cutting it out and easing in the petals.


Make sure to stop by these blogs, where Deana and Laura have sewn up their own versions: 

Photo by: Deana
Photo by: Stitches by Laura
Also, use the code EASTER2016 to get 30% off your total order from my Etsy shop
Expires on the 12th of March. 

If you'd like to win a copy of this pattern, enter to win here:

6 comments:

  1. I just adore the Buckle Up Beauty. I'd buy it right now if I didn't already reach my pattern quota for the month. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like pirate's treasure wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Petal Purse is my favourite pattern - so pretty for a little girl. Also like the Buckle up Beauty too.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect petal would be great for an easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Buckle Me Up Beauty

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!