Thursday, March 10, 2016

Easter Sewing Week: Marbella Dress by Itch to Stitch

When you think about Easter sewing, do you automatically think about what to sew for the kiddos? But the children don't have to monopolize Easter. You, too, should do some self-love sewing and look fabulous for Easter.

(Be sure to scroll down to win a copy!)

And what's Easter without a pretty dress? Marbella Dress is Itch to Stitch's first release and my first love. It is still the most popular pattern and for a reason! It's classic, elegant and timeless. The instructions are detailed with the option to line or not line it. And it comes in A, B, C and D cups, so you can find your perfect fit out of the "envelop" (or PDF file).

Today, I thought I'd do a recap of the beautiful Marbella Dresses I've seen. They may give you some inspiration. Most of them are from Instagram - be sure to click the photo and follow the wonderful seamstresses behind those gorgeous dresses!

Follow @magdalenesmuse on Instagram



Follow @redknitter on Instagram

Follow @SewUrbane on Instagram

Follow @craftedbycarrie on Instagram

Follow @magdalenesmuse on Instaram

Follow @designbylindsay on Instagram

Follow @cannellienor on Instagram

Follow @sshandmade_jenny on Instagram

Follow @smurrayo on Instagram

Follow @callajaire on Instagram

Follow @darby1412 on Instagram

Follow @madebyjaime on instagram

Follow @indie_sew on Instagram

Follow @megret79 on Instagram

One lucky winner will get to take home a copy of the Marbella Dress pattern! Be sure to enter in the giveaway!

But even if you are not the lucky one, Itch to Stitch is currently running a promotion to celebrate its launch of 4 new patterns, so every pattern in the shop is 20% off. You should go grab a copy of the Marbella Dress pattern to take advantage of it!






a Rafflecopter giveaway

33 comments:

  1. I have a lovely piece of ecru linen just waiting for the right pattern. I suspect this one is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress. I think the solid versions really show off the shape best. I'd probably use some chambray already in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be really interesting in some kind of purple floral print with a solid purple top piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would make this with colour blocking (beige to navy) or (green to black) in bengaline or stretch cotton for a sleek fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this pattern! It is one of my favorites! Such a great fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice summer dress --- for a fun floral!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will probably use some rayon for summer dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress but won't have the money for it for awhile. I hope I win. Good luck everybody.

    nothy lane
    nothylane100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some beautiful Purple background, white red and orange floral cotton sateen just calling out to be made into this! I've had the screen open on this pattern since the latest collection released as well! Looks so me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a pretty cotton poplin that I would make it out of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to go fabric shopping I think! Although I do have a cute green with pink flower print in my stash that would also work well... :) I love the look of this dress and can't believe I don't have it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the style of this dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a lovely Liberty floral fabric that would be perfect for summer . Love this pattern x
    Iain.ross30 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have some summer boat fabric that I would use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fabric is ready if I win! Thanks for the chance to win this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would use a solid colour, probably linen mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute dress! I would be happy to use this pattern to make my first selfish sew!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to make this in brocade to wear for my daughters wedding in June. It looks the perfect dress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this would be gorgeous in a linen blend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a lovely pique that I think would be gorgeous! Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great design for warm weather climates like mine, where I want to stay cool , but also look it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! I think I'd make it in a yellow fabric, probably a linen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lightweight denim would be my first choice .

    ReplyDelete
  25. In my stash I have a lovely bright orange swirl fabric just waiting for the perfect pattern. I would use this for my Marbella dress

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I think this would be so lovely in linen!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think this would be beautiful in linen for summer and a lightweight wool for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd make a few different versions! I have some beautiful green fabric that would show off the shape beautifully and some Liberty I've been saving :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a beautiful piece of grey cotton with a very light stretch. This would make a perfect dress to wear at work.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!