Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Easter Sewing Week Mentor Spotlight: Muffin Head Patterns


Happy mid-Easter Sewing Week. I'm Frances from Muffin Head Patterns. My cyber address is www.muffinheadpatterns.com
 I would like to introduce you to my "Carol" pattern. Carol is one of my favorites because the pattern is named after my mother. She adored pleats and perfectly pressed collars.  I know that she would have been proud to have her name on this pattern.  With its classic style and clean lines, Carol is an "ageless" dress. From toddlers to tweens, girls look polished and picture perfect. The skirt is knee-length but can be longer or shorter depending on your preference. 


Size range 2-8
Carol can be made with optional peter pan collars, and long or short sleeves. You may choose to make the yoke or yoke and collars with sheer fabric. Carol is flexible enough to wear every day or could be made as a formal dress depending on fabric choices.  The pattern comes in two size ranges: 2-8 and 10-16.
Size rang 10-16 modified skirt length, photo courtesy of Heather Enger Brown
The pleats are marked on the skirt pattern and the bodice closes with a center back zipper. If you are at ease with inserting zippers on your own, I believe you will find Carol an easy sew. The construction is not complex but prior zipper experience is required. My instructions are illustrated step by step and assume general sewing knowledge.
As girls get older, they can be difficult to fit. Sometimes they need room in the bust, but women's patterns do not fit properly. With that in mind, I include a free tutorial so that you may add a dart to the bodice for developed girls.
Size Range 2-8, Photo courtesy of April Bryant



Size range 2-8 Photo courtesy of Sue Short
Depending on sleeve length and fabric choices, Carol is the perfect year round, all-occasion pattern. I offer Carol in three size varieties. There is the 2-8, 10-16, and a bundle that includes sizes 2-16. I hope you love this dress as much as I do.

Size range 2-8, Photo courtesy of Sharon Archer

You can find my website at www.muffinheadpatterns.com. From there, you may click on the links to go to Etsy or to my Craftsy shop.
Size range 10-16, Photo courtesy of Amanda Turbyfill

If you would like to enter to for a chance to win a free copy of the pattern in your choice of size ranges, please visit me here https://www.facebook.com/muffinheadpatterns/app/228910107186452/
Named in loving memory of my mom, the original "Carol".

Thank you and happy sewing,
Frances

2 comments:

We love comments!! So comment away!