Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tester Appreciation Week

Hi! I’m Erin and I test patterns a lot for Katie Wilson, the designer behind Duck Butt Designs.


My very first garment test was with Katie, the PhT. I remember how exciting it was to be chosen when at the time I was just a beginner seamstress. Katie takes the time to listen and consider every single suggestion her testers give. It really makes you feel a part of the creative process.




Why do I love pattern testing you may ask? Truth be told, because I have the joy of being one of the first to sew a pattern of its kind. I’m often learning new techniques and skills from so many experienced seamstresses I admire. I also really enjoy sharing my love of the garment I made with the whole sewing community. There is just one thing I love most of all though. Along the way, I am making the best of friends. We are each other’s cheerleaders. It truly is rewarding to be a part of the team.

 I built up some practice with basic garment construction, I fell in love with Duck Butt Designs Treasure Pocket Tee. It’s still to this day my favorite pattern. It’s also the pattern that has created a pocket lover…my son. Every DBD item created for him with a pocket is a HUGE hit! That’s a win for mama! So of course I had to beg Katie for the women’s version. Now mama can enjoy pockets with her little guys in her very own Ladies’ Pocket Tee. It’s the perfect fit on my pear shaped frame and my go to pattern for me.




There are so many new and exciting designs rolling out this year with Duck Butt Designs. Join in the sew and chat group for the upcoming anniversary, you don’t want to miss it! https://www.facebook.com/groups/DBDsewandchat/



2 comments:

  1. <3 Thanks for all of your help, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! So comment away!